We are a Veteran Owned Business, providing 20% discounts for Veterans, First Responders, Elementary and High School teachers. We remain open during the shutdown period, so please contact us to set up a phone or Zoom meeting. Taking care of you and your family, It's What We Do! Skip to Content
Contesting a Will Philadelphia PA
What are my options if I a Will unfairly excludes me?
If you believe you were unfairly left out of a will, our estate planning lawyer may be able to help you get justice and assist in contesting a will in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Klenk Law handles all aspects of estate planning and estate litigation. Estate litigation includes Will Contests in Philadelphia, PA when a client feels cheated in some way. The process of fighting the outcome of a will can be complicated and frustrating. It requires a skilled estate planning lawyer who has experience handling cases like these. Call Klenk Law today to find out how we may be able to get you the justice you deserve. We can help explain the options when you ask, “what if I was unfairly left out of a will?”
Can any excluded person contest a will?
Ostensibly, no. With the help of an estate planning lawyer from Klenk Law, you can determine if you are eligible to contest the will. Determining if you have standing can save you substantial time and money. Because you will have a limited amount of time to contest it, it’s important to contact us as soon as possible. Here are some examples of people who may have the standing to challenge a Will:
- Husband or wife or former husband or wife. For instance, if the married couple split up and the person who is now deceased changed their will during the time of separation, but later the couple reconciled. In this case, the surviving spouse may have grounds to contest a will Philadelphia, PA. Further, a will drafted before the marriage might exclude the spouse. Or, eliminated by a will prepared by a step-child using undue influence.
- The unmarried life partner. Was the partner a common law spouse? If the state that does not recognize common law marriages, did some contract exist allowing the will contest?
- The child, including a legally adopted child. An estate planning lawyer can judge whether or not a child is eligible. This may be based on some unique factors. For instance, is there sound proof that the child was indeed the deceased’s child? Was there an explanation in the will for why the deceased excluded the child?
- A partly or wholly financially dependent person of the deceased. Very often, this is the deceased’s, minor child. But occasionally it is also a child who is mentally or physically disabled. Perhaps a child who was dependent on the deceased’s income.
- Someone who had a very close personal relationship. This may be the deceased’s longtime caregiver. Or it may be a close friend or a life partner who did not live with them.
Contact Klenk Law for a Free Consultation with a Trustworthy Estate Planning Lawyer
Do you believe you were excluded wrongly from someone’s will? Let’s determine if you have grounds to contest a will Philadelphia, PA. Pennsylvania. The laws can be confusing in this regard and require the insight of a seasoned legal professional. We invite you to contact us at Klenk Law to learn how our estate planning lawyer may be able to help you get justice and work with you in the process of contesting a will Philadelphia, PA. We can help with options, when your question is, “If I was unfairly left out of a will, can I challenge?”
What Our clients are saying
I was referred to Peter after my divorce to put documents together to protect my assets. He suggested a number of documents that would help protect my children and their future. Also, he put together wills, power of attorney and living wills. I initially spoke with him on the phone, he took 30-40 minutes to understand my situation and explain the benefits of having such documents. After a week or two, I met with him in his office and signed the documents. Everything else was remote phone calls and emails. He re-explained these documents and what whom to share. I am in good hands.
Peter J. Gutekunst, CFP®
I've worked with and known Peter Klenk and his associates for years. They are highly professional, diligent and truly experts in their field. By focusing on just wills, trusts, and estates, Klenk law has experienced every angle of estate planning and applied that knowledge to help prepare our clients with thorough and comprehensive documents.
Peter came highly recommended by a close friend to do our estate planning. We have been putting off for years. He is knowledgeable, professional and easy to work with.
AWESOME LAWYER! Peter Klenk is an exceptional attorney and a very nice person! Today I spoke with Peter about estate planning and was impressed with by his professionalism, cordiality, and attention to detail. I highly recommend Klenk Law for probates, wills, trusts, and other issues germane to estate planning!
Peter and his staff are very responsive and always willing to help my clients and in a cost efficient manner.
Let us put our expertise to work for you.
Free consultation within 24 hours.